Students refer to Canyonville Academy as their “天津福彩网app官方下载 away from 天津福彩网app官方下载”Our students come from all over the world and make global friendships that lasts a lifetime. The students communicate together long after graduating from Canyonville Academy and college.These young men and women are better adjusted than most when it comes to working in international settings, making them very desirable to hire especially in international businesses.
Canyonville Christian Academy History
65 Nations Have Attended Canyonville Academy
Canyonville Academy continues to accelerate in it’s growth, it’s successes and it’s mission of excellence in the education of young men and women.
Canyonville Academy also has numerous ministers, missionaries, college professors, authors, medical doctors, lawyers, and high ranking military officers among its graduates.
3 Quick Facts About Canyonville Academy
1. Canyonville Academy was founded in 1924 by Rev. A. M. Shaffer, recipient of honorary doctorate from Northwest University.
2. The school is fully accredited by Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
Additional accreditation facts:
- It is approved by Oregon State Department of Education.
- Canyonville Academy is certified by Oregon Department of Children 天津福彩网app官方下载.
- The school is approved by United States Immigration and Naturalization Service
- (INS) for international students.
3. Canyonville Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Canyonville Academy is also a member of the National Association of Boarding Schools (NABS)
Advanced Placement Courses
Canyonville Academy offers Advanced Placement courses to help prepare students for college.
- AP (Advanced Placement) U.S. History
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Chemistry (Prerequisite: Physical Science, Algebra II)
- AP English Literature and Composition (Advanced Placement)
- AP Physics 1 (Prerequisite or Co-requisite: Precalculus)
- AP Physics 2 (Calculus is not required but proficiency in Algebra and Trigonometry is expected)
Advanced Placement or AP courses are a rigorous college level classes that can help you gain the skills and study habits you’ll need to be successful in college. When choosing to take an AP class, research shows that you’ll improve your writing, problem-solving, time-management skills, and learn how to stay focused on your work and goals.
Taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses can also help you get accepted into college. Research has also shown that AP courses help students graduate from college in four years and qualify for scholarships.
Another bonus of taking Advanced Placement classes is it also shows that you are taking the initiative to prepare yourself for college-level work.
Graduation Rate Of 99.6%
Canyonville Academy has graduated more than 1,700 graduates. Our graduation rate is at 99.6% in a 10 year average from (2005-2015), while the surrounding area schools average a graduation rate of 79.6%. The National Average for the graduation rate is 82.2%
There are many factors that lead to a successful graduation rate, especially with the international culture here at the school. Some factors are as follows:
- Strong ESL program
- Students feel like this is their second 天津福彩网app官方下载
- Students and teachers share a mentoring relationship
- smaller classes and individual attention
Graduates from this boarding school have attended over 100 of America’s finest colleges. To see the list of colleges, please click on the button below.
Canyonville Academy Strengths
Notable Alumni of Canyonville Academy
Canyonville Academy has an amazing list of Alumni. This list includes the President of Northwest University (Washington), the President of Toledo University (Ohio), Provost of Zayed University (United Arab Emirates) President and founder of Wesley Institute (Australia); a Presidential assistant, Nuclear Engineer, screen writer, Portraitist, Pentathlon record holder, and more.
Our newest Notable Alumni is Bart Celie. Bart graduated from Boston College with honors, and was accepted at Columbia University Medical School for Physicians and Surgeons – (an Ivy League university). Congratulations to Bart Celie! You can read more about Bart’s journey here.
View our list of outstanding alumni. Please click on the button below
Canyonville Academy has a unique multi-cultural student body.
This asset has propelled students forward into an international learning community.
At this time in their lives, they are learning about many other cultures lives, lifestyles and more well ahead of the curve.
This makes them desirable to the International Business market as most International Corporations would be inclined to bring them on board due to this experience alone.
- Understanding a different culture
- Working and collaborating with a different culture
- Growing with a different culture
- Problem-solving with one another
- Overcoming obstacles with each other
- Brainstorming with each other
Vadim and Anastasia, Alexandra Eck’s parents – Moscow, Russia”
It has been four years. Four long years of welcome 天津福彩网app官方下载 and good byes. She wasn’t even 15 years old yet when she kissed us in the airport and she bravely took the step into the unknown.
We didn’t even fully understand how everything was going to turn out. First semester was agonizingly slow. After awhile it got better and easier and we started to get used to seeing her twice a year. Later we gradually realized that we made the right choice and the right decision. How did it express?
Every time she came back 天津福彩网app官方下载 we would see a whole new person: a little more mature, more independent, serious and less talkative, sometimes thoughtful, but still happy and full of joy. And what made us most happy was her responsibility and the desire to achieve her goals.
At the same time we understood that we are almost deprived of any parental interference, any influence upon bringing her up. We simply did not have enough time for it during those short breaks she spent at 天津福彩网app官方下载. But every time she came back we felt and understood that there was no need in it. And every time we wanted to express a special gratitude to the Canyonville Academy staff members for the colossal work they put in.
After all fifteen through nineteen is a special age.
We sincerely state:
You gave us an educated, well brought up and an independent daughter;
You taught her to be responsible for her actions and words;
you taught her to work hard and to finish what is started;
You taught her to win;
And the most important – you taught her to think.